Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I am proud of my Father...

This post is something related to my personal life. My dad, Mr. S.Sekar, is working as DGM in BSNL. I am very proud to call him "MY DAD". He is very sincere and dedicated to his work. The best appreciation one can receive is through people's views and words and not by mere money. One of my father's customers has written about my dad in his blog. I was very happy when i read that post. Here is the post...

Miracle Man of Coimbatore(original post)

I am of the firm opinion that any good service of a public servant shall be duly recognised and appreciated.Have you ever heard of a public servant phoning you early morning and late in the night asking you whether your problem is attended and solved by the department? I had the opportunity of hearing this pleasant experience a few days back. One of my friend met the Deputy General Manager of BSNL(broadband) Coimbatore Mr.Sekar in connection with non functioning of modem which he rented from BSNL for broadband connection. After testing the modem and confirming that it is faulty he immediately called the stores department to get a new modem for replacement. As the ready stock was not available he went to the extent of giving my friend his personal modem as a short term arrangement and told him that new modem will be installed the same day evening. My friend told him that he can wait till the evening and left his office with the hope that his net connection will be back by evening. To his surprise there was a call from the DGM a few hours later asking him whether the new modem is installed. He said no. He assured that this will be done the same day itself. At about 7 am the next day there was a call from DGM again asking him about the modem. He said no. At about 11 am there was a call from the department JE stating that the modem was ready and he was asked to collect it. He collected the modem. After a few hours the concerned engineer came to my friend’s house and installed and saw to it the net connection was working. In the meantime there was two calls from Mr.Sekar one to confirm the receipt of modem and the next one to confirm the proper working of the modem and the net connection. My friend says that in his long association with government and public servants this is the first time in his life he has come across a person with public service as his only ambition.
Hats off to this gentleman. I record my sincere appreciation for his dedicated service. If only we have such officers thoroughout India, imagine how all of us will be. Hope BSNL Coimbatore gives due recognition to the service mind of this gentleman.


This is the post which i found in that blog. I am very proud to have him as my dad. I Thank GOD to have given him as my dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.